What we need:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter
1 diced red onion
2 diced carrots
2 sticks of celery, diced
6-8 mushrooms, diced
2 whole peeled fresh garlic cloves
1 inch peeled fresh ginger
100g of pasta of your choice (the smaller the better).
4 cups of water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 vegetable cube stock (alternatively you can use vegetable stock)
1 bay leaf
Squeeze of a fresh lime
Handful of freshly chopped coriander
How we do:
- In a soup pot, heat the butter and oil.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and mushroom and saute until slightly soft.
- Now add the water.
- When it comes to the boil, add the pasta.
- Add the stock cube and season with salt and pepper and the bay leaf.
- At the same time pop in the garlic and ginger.
- Reduce the heat and let it boil gently for approx 10-12 minutes.
- When the pasta is soft, remove the bay leaf and garlic and ginger if you wish.
- Finally, squeeze in a little fresh lime juice and add the corriander.
- BALLE BALLE! Enjoy.