Hello hello I know it’s been a while! What with graduating from college and re-locating overseas my time had been consumed with non-blogging activities. But do not fear I am back! And today I am equipped with the yummiest pizza recipe. Made with a light base, zesty tomato sauce, tasty veggys, topped off with tandoori paneer (indian cheese), this pizza is sure to go down well. Check it out and let me know what you think:
What we need:
Base: I cheated on this one and bought the pizza flour mix, i recommend it as it works great!
3 tbsp olive oil
1 carrot grated
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, grated
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 can plum tomatoes including juice
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp crushed chili flakes
handful fresh basil, finely chopped
1 cup of cm cubed paneer (mine was store bought but you can easily make home made paneer. here’s a great recipe for it: http://cookeasy.wordpress.com/2006/11/05/make-paneer-at-home/
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
3 tbsp yogurt
2 tsp salt
2 tsp tandoori masala (available from local indian grocery store)
pinch of citric acid (or dash of lemon juice)
handful of chopped cilantro (coridander)
1 green/red bell pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup grated mozzarella
How we do:
- Preheat oven to 220 c/425 f
- In a bowl add the paneer, and all the ingredients listed above under the heading of paneer. Mix well and refrigerate until time to top the pizza
- To make the sauce, in a pan add the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and carrot. Once onions are golden brown, add tomato paste and plum tomatos. Now add the herbs. Place on low heat and simmer for a minimum of 30 mins until it becomes of a thick consistency.
- Then place in a blender and blitz so a smooth thick sauce forms.
- For the base, in a bowl add the contents of the pizza flour mix. Add approx 8 fl oz of hot water and mix until binded. Then knead until forms smooth dough
- Place dough in a warm place to let it rise
- Now time to put everything together….
- Line a baking tray or pizza tray with grease proof baking paper
- Using a rolling pin or your hands carefully and lightly spread the dough until it evenly covers the tray
- Then spread the pizza sauce all over the base evenly
- Place mushrooms, peppers and onions over the pizza. Then sprinkle on the paneer cubes and finally finish with the mozzarella cheese
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with salad and grilled potatoes.
- BALLE BALLE! Enjoy!