I’ve recently had a few readers ask about new paneer recipes. Being a fellow paneer lover, I jumped on the challenge! So tonight, mamma and I got creative in the kitchen. What we ended up with, as the title clearly spells out for you, is a sesame chilli paneer dish mixed with stir fry vegetables. When making the sauce, we experimented with diff quantities of each ingredient to make it just right. Try it out, let me know how it goes. As always, the recipe is customizable so you can add whatever vegetables you like. Also, if you’re not the biggest fan of sesame seeds, leave it out! Cashews/almonds work really well too 🙂
What we need:
250g cubed paneer
3 tbsp corn flour
4 garlic cloves, grated
1 big onion, sliced
2″ ginger, thinly sliced
1 big green pepper, cut into 1″ squares
10 chestnut mushrooms, quartered
2 cupfuls broccoli, thinly sliced
3 cupfuls cabbage, thinly sliced
5 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp concentarted curry sauce paste
2 cups water
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
pinch of black pepper
5 tbsp sesame oil
2tbsp sesame seeds
How we do:
- In a bowl, add the paneer, 1 tbsp corn flour, 1 clove grated garlic, 1 tsp salt, paprika & pepper. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a non stick pan. Add the paneer and scatter them in the pan so they separate. Brown them on one side and turn it over to cook the other side. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, on high heat, add the peanuts and dry roast them. Once browned, add the sesame seeds. Remove once golden. Keep your eyes on the pan. They brown in 30 seconds!
- In a bowl add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, sweet chilli sauce, curry paste (crumbled), 2 tbsp corn flour, water and 1 tsp salt. Mix well.
- In a wok, heat 4 tbsp sesame oil on high heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Sautee them for 1 minute. Now add all the vegetables. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Now add the paneer.
- Add 1/2 sauce prepared earlier and stir well. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. Gradually add the remaning sauce whilst stirring the vegetables constantly over the course of 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened and glaze all the vegetables, sprinkle the sesame seeds and peanuts on top.
- Balle Balle! You’re done! Best served with boiled rice.