This creamy mango dessert should take you away from this bitterly cold winter to a warm, exotic destination upon your first spoonful! It starts off with a buttery biscuit layer, then the creamy, zesty, mango yoghurt and is topped off with fresh raspberrys and pistachios.
I got the inspiration for this when I was watching Jamie Oliver’s 30 minute meals where he made a “2 minute mango ice cream”. I amended it slightly but it’s still super easy and quick to make. Have a try, comments appreciated 🙂
Makes 8 (My dessert glasses are mini, you change quantities according the size of your glasses)
What we need:
16 mango puree cubes (to make these simple pour mango puree into ice cube trays and freeze)
8 biscuits (i used home made sweet indian biscuits but you can use whatever you want)
2 tsp butter at room temperature
8 fresh raspberries
1 tub of greek yoghurt
a few springs of fresh mint
zest of one lemon
For the raspberry coulis (for glass decoration):
1/4 cup raspeberries
1/4 cup jam sugar
How we do:
- To make the raspberry coulis, cook together the raspberries, jam sugar and 2 tbsp of water in a pan. Cook until puree forms. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. Allow to cool and drizzle on glasses with a spoon.
- Place the biscuits and butter in the food processor and blitz. Divide into 8 dessert glasses.
- Now add the yoghurt, zest and mint. Blitz once and add frozen puree cubes into the food processor.
- Spoon the frozen mango yoghurt over the biscuits.
- Garnish with raspberries, mint and pistachios.